RPM Upgrade

Sam Hills rcb at bbll.com
Thu May 22 17:52:42 CEST 2003

Peter Bishop wrote:

>On 22 May 2003 at 7:59, Greg Louis wrote:
>
>>Wouldn't the binaries be humungous?  If I link bogofilter statically on
>>linux/glibc-2.2.5 I get a size of 3,675,399 bytes.  Stripped, it's
>>still 1,273,468.  That compares with 245,376 for the dynamically-linked
>>version.
>>

>OK it's big - but not as big as the wordlists. And after all, most machines
>can find room for a 1 Mbyte app.
>
>I would not mind the extra space in exchange for peace of mind
>- I won't have to worry when the OS changes on the mail server
>(it is outsourced - so no control over it).--
>Peter Bishop

Ditto.  My ISP is running FreeBSD v2, and I have yet to successfully
build bogofilter from sources or install from a package.
Every time I try, I get a fatal error during configure (usually
something regarding BerkeleyDB, which configure can't find even though
I've specified --with-db, CPPFLAGS, LIBS, LDFLAGS and LD_LIBRARY_PATH).

I would _love_ to have a pre-built version that I could simply upload
and run!!!