RPM Upgrade

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Thu May 22 01:55:56 CEST 2003

At 07:39 PM 5/21/03, Bryan Roberts wrote:
>Any ideas on correcting the dependancies of 0.13 under Redhat 7.3?
>
>[root at www rpm]# rpm -q bogofilter
>bogofilter-0.12.3-1
>[root at www rpm]# rpm -Uv bogofilter-0.13.0-1.i586.rpm
>error: failed dependencies:
>         libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3)   is needed by bogofilter-0.13.0-1
>[root at www rpm]# locate libc.so.6
>/lib/i686/libc.so.6
>/lib/libc.so.6
>

>I don't really want start compiling the source unless I have to...

Bryan,

I understand your reluctance.  I recently updated my development machine
from Mandrake 9.0 to Mandrake 9.1.  That resulted in an upgrade of glibc
from 2.2 to 2.3.  Consequently when I ran "make rpm", it found
glibc-2.3.  Until I find out how to force the rpm build process to use an
older version, there will be an incompatibility.

It's actually not hard to build an rpm from source.  I can send you
instructions if you want to give it a try.

If anybody reading this knows how to specify glibc-2.2, please let me know.