Site Configuration Queries

Peter Bishop pgb at adelard.com
Tue May 20 09:17:25 CEST 2003

On 19 May 2003 at 19:36, David Relson wrote:

> >PS, I may just be paranoid, but the body might not have a final end of line
> >terminator. so it would be safer to print "\n\n" after the body to ensure
> >there is a blank line separator
>
> Bogofilter has a special check for "^From " in function is_from().  This is
> needed because messages don't always end properly (with final mime
> boundaries, end tags for html and html comments, etc).

Have run the perl script on an example attachment and it worked OK,
So it looks like I can now post spam to a special training account without
worrying about pollution with han headers - thanks Simon.

However one issue that worries me slightly is line terminators.
If bogofilter is used in procmail, the RFC822 mail stream will have line
terminators that consist of /r/n (I think)

But some of the stored mbox format files I have seen only seem to have \n

So should mimeget_rfc822 use \r\n or \n
for the From and blank lines?

What can bogofilter and other utilities (like formail) accept?

--
Peter Bishop
pgb at adelard.com
pgb at csr.city.ac.uk