Crm114-like Phrases and partial phrases; database size

Peter Bishop pgb at adelard.com
Mon May 19 15:02:03 CEST 2003

On 19 May 2003 at 7:50, Greg Louis wrote:

> FWIW, my own feeling is that we should continue to work on improving
> single-token bogofilter for the present.  After release 1.0, we might
> want to consider adding an option to use phrases.

I think that is sensible given the huge size increase.

But when you do look at it again - how about checking out shorter phrases
as well (N=2, and N=3). these might yield improvements without such as
large increase in database size.--
Peter Bishop
Adelard and Centre for Software Reliability, City University
Drysdale Building, 10 Northampton Square, London, EC1V 0HB
Tel: +44-20-7490-9467, Fax: +44-20-7490-9451
pgb at adelard.com, http://www.adelard.com/
pgb at csr.city.ac.uk, http://www.city.ac.uk/