mail.aotto.com blackholed

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Fri May 16 14:25:06 CEST 2003

At 06:47 AM 5/16/03, Daniel Lublin wrote:

>Hi.
>
>It seems that the mailserver (mail.aotto.com) serving this mailinglist
>has ended up in (atleast) relays.osirusoft.com:
>
>210.130.77.65.relays.osirusoft.com      A       127.0.0.4
>
>What can we do about it? http://relays.osirusoft.com is not answering
>now, and I'm not familiar with the proceeding.
>
>I'm not sure why it is listed, either. mail.aotto.com is atleast not
>an open relay. I think that the special "4" in 127.0.0.4 means that a
>whole netblock is banned, possibly 65.77.130.0/24. Probably some host
>there has been spamming.
>
>Is somebody able to take care of this?
>

>//Daniel

Daniel,

Adrian Otto, the list admin, should see this message.  He'll be able to
request that osirusoft.com remove the ip address from their list.  The RBL
may or may not respond :-(

What _you_ can do is contact your ISP.  They've chosen to use osirusoft.com
and are failing to deliver mail to _you_.  They should be able to test the
ip address, verify that it's not a spammer or open relay, and whitelist it.

A few months ago, I had the inverse problem.  I was forced to change DSL
providers and my new static ip address was/is on some blacklists, because
it's in an address block previously used by spammer Alan Ralsky.  Aotto.com
was using one of those RBLs.  The result was that I couldn't post to the
bogofilter list.  The RBL wouldn't change their listing, so Adrian stopped
using it.

Anyhow, hope this helps.