switch for case sensitivity

Greg Louis glouis at dynamicro.on.ca
Fri May 16 12:26:41 CEST 2003

On 20030515 (Thu) at 1910:59 -0400, David Relson wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I seemed to have stirred up the traditional hornet's nest with
> -Pu/-PU.  The consensus seems to be that -Pf/-PF is preferabl, where '-Pf'
> enables case folding and '-PF' disables case folding.  Bogofilter's current
> behavior is '-Pf', also known as case folding and being sensitive.

That's ...case folding and being insensitive.
                                 ^^
> A few minutes ago, the phrase "mixed case" came to mind.  "-PM" would
> disable it (providing case folding) and "-Pm" would enable it (giving case
> sensitivity).
>
> Is this good, bad, or something else?  Assuming it's good, is it preferable
> to -Pf/-PF or would people prefer that bogofiler use -Pf/-PF ???

My order of preference would be (most preferred first, PU last):

-Pi/-PI en/disable ignoring case (someone suggested this yesterday)
-Pf/-PF en/disable case folding
-PM/-Pm dis/enable mixed case
-PU/-Pu dis/enable nose holding ^W^W upper case

--
| G r e g  L o u i s          | gpg public key: finger     |
|   http://www.bgl.nu/~glouis |   glouis at consultronics.com |