parsing options

Greg Louis glouis at dynamicro.on.ca
Thu May 15 17:44:11 CEST 2003

On 20030515 (Thu) at 1128:28 -0400, Clint Adams wrote:
> > -Pu, -PU upper_case
> >
> > For the switches, a lower case letter enables the option (turns it on) and
> > an upper case letter disables it (turns it off).
>
> > Note 2:  Option '-Pu' makes bogofilter case insensitive, which is the way
> > bogofilter has operated since day 1.  With "-Pu", words "test", "Test", and
> > "TEST" are all converted to "test".  All the recent tests of case folding
> > (or not folding) indicate that doing changing upper case to lower case is
> > really, really bad.
>
> Enabling "upper_case" makes it case-insensitive?  Seems much more
> confusing than -Pf and -PF to me.

Yep.  That "upper_case" terminology is a serious misnomer; the
distinction is not between upper and lower, but between case-sensitive
and case-insensitive.  I thought folding was a much more descriptive
term.

--
| G r e g  L o u i s          | gpg public key: finger     |
|   http://www.bgl.nu/~glouis |   glouis at consultronics.com |