Segmentation fault in 12.2 debian package...

David J. Weller-Fahy lists at weller-fahy.com
Tue May 13 04:39:47 CEST 2003

* David Relson <relson at osagesoftware.com> [2003-05-12 13:04]:
> It seems fine on my PIII Mandrake Linux box.  "bogofilter -v <msg.bad"
> says "X-Bogosity: No, tests=bogofilter, spamicity=0.908845,
> version=0.12.2".
>
> Tell us what's special about your machine :-)  x86 or other?  version
> of db3?  Did you install from rpm or build from tarball?  If you built
> it yourself, did you run "make check" to verify it's working?

Sorry, not enough sleep, fingers too quick.  This machine is a Celeron
1GHz, Debian testing/stable, bogofilter binary package installed from
testing distribution.

> Does "bogofilter -p " work with other messages?

Yep.

> Have you tried "bogolexer -p < msg.bad" to see if the message can be
> parsed?

The above command gives the following output:

#v+
received
from
mailer-daemon
skuz.net
organization
skuznet
http
www.skuz.net
received
from
m.man5q.com
56.175.205.106
for
frankcw
skuz.net
sun
may
from
mickey
aldrich
d2dvzglt
hotmail.com
frankcw
skuz.net
subject
morning
rehersal
ukvdwpdjwonqnebcsnextu
ftpcq
gix
ccpzptpabazkvwz
ifhxgj
pel
xxstvpwewslf
nrxrijpv
sfcgoinhikq
frankcw
x-priority
x-msmail-priority
normal
mime-version
content-type
multipart
alternative
x-imapbase
x-uidl
nev
x-keywords
x-uid
content-length
lines
this
multi-part
message
mime
format
content-type
text
html
content-transfer-encoding
quoted-printable
hundreds
Segmentation fault
#v-

> It wouldn't be the first time that bogofilter has seg faulted :-(
> However, we've been able to fix all the seg faults before now and I
> expect we'll be able to get you going as well.

Actually, I thought that I had screwed something up, as that's what the
problems have been before. ;]

Anyway, sorry for the delay in response.  Any other information that
would be useful, just let me know.

Regards,
--
David J. Weller-Fahy        | 'These are the questions that kept me out
largely at innocent dot com |  of the really *good* schools.'