Segmentation fault in 12.2 debian package...

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Mon May 12 23:03:06 CEST 2003

At 04:51 PM 5/12/03, David J. Weller-Fahy wrote:
>I've found a message that bogofilter chokes on, and would like to make
>sure it's not me.  First indication were getmail errors that a message
>could not be delivered (exit code 75).  Checked procmail, and it's
>passing the message along to bogofilter.  Disabled filtering for that
>mailbox, downloaded the message, and ran 'bogofilter -p < msg.bad'.
>Immediate segmentation fault.  I checked it against another (known good)
>message, and it worked.
>
>Message is attached, and I'm wondering if anyone can duplicate the
>segfault.

Hello David,

It seems fine on my PIII Mandrake Linux box.  "bogofilter -v <msg.bad" says

Tell us what's special about your machine :-)  x86 or other?  version of
db3?  Did you install from rpm or build from tarball?  If you built it
yourself, did you run "make check" to verify it's working?

Does "bogofilter -p " work with other messages?

Have you tried "bogolexer -p < msg.bad" to see if the message can be parsed?

It wouldn't be the first time that bogofilter has seg faulted :-(  However,
we've been able to fix all the seg faults before now and I expect we'll be
able to get you going as well.