testing case-folding [was: Markup.]

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Sat May 10 17:59:45 CEST 2003

At 11:36 AM 5/10/03, Peter Bishop wrote:

>On 10 May 2003 at 10:09, David Relson wrote:
>
> > Peter,
> >
> > If you want to do a significant test, I'll create a patch that allows
> > case-folding to be disabled.
> >
> > Let me know.
> >

>I am not in the best position to do this, as I have never compiled
>compiled anything complicated - I just use RPMs for most things.
>Plus I am rather out of date now, my system uses db3 and 0.9
>
>But if anyone could make me a statically compiled RPM (with db4 built in)
>for Mandrake Linux 8.2, I could do some tests.

Peter,

RPMs are a wonderful invention and make linux much easier to use.  I've
learned enough to make the needed source and binary rpms for bogofilter,
but making a special one for you is a bit more effort than I want to expend
just now.

I'm using Mandrake 9.0 and I don't think the differences between 8.2 and
9.0 matter (relative to bogofilter).  I have a .tgz with
/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.1.  That and the current .tgz for bogofilter source
code are the two big things that you need.

Given those, what's necessary to build and run bogofilter with db-4.1 is
(approx):

1. add "/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.1" to /etc/ld.so.conf
2. run "ldconfig"
3. switch to bogofilter directory
4. apply patch
5. run "./configure --with-db=/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.1"
6. run "make"
7. run "make check" - all tests should PASS or be skipped.  None should fail.
8. run "make install"

Are you still interested in giving it a try?