bogoutil / message counts

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Fri May 9 00:30:40 CEST 2003

At 05:55 PM 5/8/03, Barry Gould wrote:

>At 01:42 PM 5/8/2003, David Relson wrote:
>>At 04:22 PM 5/8/03, Barry Gould wrote:
>>>
>>>Oops... Maybe I executed the command again (with the -n), thinking it
>>>would overwrite the files. I guess it didn't :(
>>>Sorry.
>>
>>Barry,
>>
>>Give it another try and see how it turns out.  'Tis a problem only when
>>I've gone off on a wild goose chase and not found anything.  I've not
>>gone on the chase, so no harm is done.
>
>Hi David,
>Yep, I screwed up. bogoutil is working fine.
>
>Thanks,
>Barry

Barry,

Yep.  I ran dump/load of a significant wordlist database and got the right
.MSG_COUNT values.  I also ran "bogofilter -s <spam-bogofilter" knowing the
mbox contained english as well as asian language messages.  Looking at the
"bogoutil -d" output, I see 8100+ "normal" words and 3000+ non-ascii
("asian") words.  I then loaded that 8100/3000 token list into a new
database, dumped it, and checked the result.  The answer was what I wanted
- identical.

Not having verified that all this worked in some time, it was useful to do
and is good to know that nothing has been b0rken.

Peace,