Fwd: Paul Graham email meets clumsy spam filters

Greg Louis glouis at dynamicro.on.ca
Wed May 7 20:17:46 CEST 2003

This is forwarded (with bits snipped out to remove identifying
information) from Paul Graham's "spamfilt" list.  I thought our readers
would be interested...

=== Paul Graham writes: ===

Here's a story about the dangers of clumsy spam filters.  I have
written two articles about spam filtering for the trade press.  In both
cases, when I submitted them they got filtered out by simple-minded
keyword filters installed by the magazine's IT people.