Adrian Ho aho-sw-bogofilter at 03s.net
Wed May 7 04:53:53 CEST 2003

On Tue, May 06, 2003 at 07:19:59PM -0700, Adrian Otto wrote:
> A known side-effect of this feature is that misconfigured "out of the
> office" or vacation messages that use the Reply-To: instead of the
> From: address will end up posted to the list. It's the belief of most
> key list members that this is a reasonable side effect. The convenience
> is worth the occasional trash on the list.

A lesser-known side-effect is that borken autoresponders on such lists
virulently /spam/ said lists, as quickly as they take to cycle through
each incoming list message.  Truly borken autoresponders respond even to
their own autoresponses; I trust I don't need to paint a mental picture
for everyone as to what happens then...

But let's see if it ever get to that.  8-)

- Adrian