FAQ CSS revised

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Mon Mar 31 15:57:57 CEST 2003

At 08:46 AM 3/31/03, Matthias Andree wrote:

>Boris 'pi' Piwinger <3.14 at logic.univie.ac.at> writes:
>
> > Matthias Andree wrote:
> >
> >> Presentation is a browser issue,
> >
> > You said that, but it is still wrong. You may complain at
> > W3C for introducing CSS. It is for exactly that purpose.
> >
> > Why don't you switch it off or complain to the vendor of
> > your browser if you want plain text presentation without
> > format. lynx might also be helpful.
>
>We don't have any special formatting requirements -- and looking at the
>FAQ, the only thing that looks relevant is this:
>
>   p.subheading {
>     font-weight: bold
>   }
>
>Anything else is IMHO fine tuning which doesn't help or hurt much.

The subheading style is useful in the "How do I get bogofilter working on
Solaris, BSD, etc?"  I had to add <b> tags around the "On OpSys" headings
and add white space around lists for readability.

Those were th two things that were obviously wrong when I deleted the style
sheet and reviewed the FAQ.

The majority of people seem to prefer the FAQ's formatting the way it is
now.  Let's leave it alone.