CSS abuse

Simon Huggins huggie at earth.li
Sun Mar 30 12:38:38 CEST 2003

Hi bogofilter,

On Sun, Mar 30, 2003 at 03:32:57AM +0200, Matthias Andree wrote:
> the cascading style sheet stuff that has crept into the FAQ is plain
> ugly. If anybody wishes to use a particular style sheet, he can have
> his browser use it. Enforcing a maximum width of 36em is bogus, causes
> unnecessary line wraps and adds UGLY borders to the screen. I suggest
> that we kill all width specifications, to use the user's screen.

I don't see more ugly wraps than I would otherwise when I resize my
window down to even as far as say 200px wide.  And it renders fine when
larger.

Given it's a relative width, zooming out on your small browser window
should make it all fit nicely again surely?

The <pre> sections of it don't wrap though which is what you would want
anyway.

I can't see any odd borders at all though?!

Do you have a png or some such of what you are seeing which is so ugly?

Simon.

--
"Ok, I think we got off on the wrong foot here"
"That's all you got lady.  Two wrong feet and fucking ugly shoes"  -- Erin