Emacs Gnus

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Wed Mar 12 12:23:09 CET 2003

David,

on the topic of adding X-From-Line: support to bogofilter, you wrote:

> I'm not worried.  A bogofilter user needs it so bad that he submitted a
> patch direct to me.

OK. I've picked up the discussion, because I have already added a perl
script to the contrib/ section that reads a Maildir and prints it as
mbox on the fly.

> To complicate matters he can't subscribe to the lists.  He's tried but
> there's no response.  I've sent a message to Adrian to see what he can do
> and I'm thinking it may be time to find a new host/site for the list.  I'm
> even entertaining the possibility of doing it myself and have been reading
> about ezmlm, mailman, and majordomo2.  It can't hurt to learn more.

I'd prefer ezmlm-idx, because it has remote-administration features and
works without web-interface, it needs a qmail-local to feed it, but can
talk to Postfix-QMQPd and I also have a rough Perl script one could use
to let ezmlm-idx feed into some other MTA's "sendmail" command.

I find mailman quite inconvenient to administer, although that may have
changed since the last time I've used mailman seriously (that was 1.1,
it's now at 2.1).

majordomo2 is under development, and I can't say how far it's come till
now, and finally, there are also Sympa and Petidomo that I haven't used
in production yet.

Cheers,