Running 0.11.1

Boris 'pi' Piwinger 3.14 at logic.univie.ac.at
Wed Mar 5 11:12:27 CET 2003

Hi!

I just installed the newest version. Due to the changes I
decided to rebuild my database. Clearly, this reduces the
ham training base (since only some mails go to that database
by my mail handling). But I save all my spam. So I am
surprised by the result:

Before:
11198464 Mar  5 10:43 goodlist.db
 4120576 Mar  5 10:43 spamlist.db

After:
 6623232 Mar  5 10:52 goodlist.db
 2695168 Mar  5 10:52 spamlist.db

I understand that goodlist becomes smaller, but that much?
Why does spamlist go down that dramatically?

Doing my previously described test on the training database
looks OK though:

Spam:
   5749 test.spam
False negatives:
249
Ham:
  17815 test.ham
False positives:
3

Here are the three false positives:

1) A majordomo welcome message to Declan's famous politech list.

2) An autoresponder of Iomega's Online Support.

3) A registration confirmation mail for the DeeperBlue.net
Forums.

pi