bogotune 0.2.2

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Fri Jun 20 14:43:24 CEST 2003

pi,

The database cache size is settable via the config file "db_cachesize"
option.  Also, bogotune needs "terse_format=%0.16f" to properly format the
spam scores.  (Note:  this correction will be in bogofilter-0.13.7 which I
expect to release in a couple of hours).

A script like the following will set up an appropriate config file and run
bogotune:

#!/bin/sh
cat <<EOF > bogotune.cf
db_cachesize=3
terse_format=%0.16f
block_on_subnets=Yes
replace_nonascii_characters=No
EOF

bogotune -v test.d -c bogotune.cf -n nonspamfiles* -s spamfiles*

At 08:25 AM 6/20/03, Boris 'pi' Piwinger wrote:
>Greg Louis wrote:
>
> > Version 0.2.2 of the script to simplify choosing parameter values for
> > bogofilter is now available at
> > http://www.bgl.nu/bogofilter/bogotune-0.2.2.tgz
>
>Some questions:
>
>How do I set "the database cache size"?

see above

> >     3. You must be using bogofilter version 0.13.6.3 or later, with
> >       the Robinson-Fisher algorithm.  Programs bogofilter, bogoutil
> >       and bogolexer must all be in your execution path.  If it's
> >       version 0.13.6.3 you're using, you need to apply the patch
> >       supplied with bogotune; cd to the base of the bogofilter
> >       source tree, copy 0.13.6.3.patch into that directory; then
> >       run the command "patch -p0 <0.13.6.3.patch" and then the
> >       command "make install".
>
>That means I cannot work with my installation:-(

The config file above should handle the patch problem for you.

> >     1. Copy bogotune and its helper utility, bogol, to somewhere in
> >       your execution path.
>
>Won't it be enough to start ./bogotune?

That'll work if "." is in your path, so bogotune can run bogol.

> > Run the command
> >     bogotune -s /absolute/paths/to/one/or/more/spam/files \
> >       -n /absolute/paths/to/one/or/more/nonspam/files
>
>Can this be something like -s spam*?

Yes - see sample "run" script above.