Understanding tuning results

Boris 'pi' Piwinger 3.14 at logic.univie.ac.at
Fri Jun 6 11:14:12 CEST 2003

David Relson wrote:

>> >That looks much nicer !  I'd choose 1e-2, 0.475, 0.503000 from the equally
>> >good results and see how it goes over the next few days.  Since I've used
>> >1e-2 for robs for a while, it'd be comfortable to continue using that value.
>>
>>I just changed it and got my first spam:-(
>
> Why the sad face?  I enjoy getting up in the morning and seeing the 50 to
> 100 spam that came in overnight - all sitting in their neat little folder
> awaiting their trip to the bit bucket.

I meant the first spam get through. it now turns out that I
missed to paste the spam_cutoff=0.503 line. Anyhow, I got
four spam mails come through starting with the one metioned
above:

$ bogofilter -vM<spam

So both my old config and the new one suggested by the
tuning script do fail to catch two of them.

pi