Maintenance Best Practices

Adam Mercer r.a.mercer at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Jun 5 20:57:21 CEST 2003

On Thu, Jun 05, 2003 at 12:05:57PM -0400, Dave Stubbs wrote:
> I'm wondering what others are doing out there to maintain their database
> files.  I receive between 100 and 200 emails per day, and send all emails
> through bogofilter with -f -p -u -l -v -e options.

I'm using the options -p -3 -e, and the following in my .bogofilter.cf

algorithm = fisher
ham_cutoff = 0.10
spam_cutoff = 0.95
spamicity_tags = Spam, Ham, Unsure
spamicity_formats = %6.2e, %6.2e, 0.6f

I initially train my database with, at the moment, around 4000 known
spams and 4000 known hams. Then I train only on mistakes. So far this
seems to be working quite well with only a few false negatives - no
false positives yet.

Cheers

Adam