make check fails (t.parsing) on Mac OS X

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Wed Jun 4 21:47:02 CEST 2003

At 03:34 PM 6/4/03, Matthias Andree wrote:
>Jim Correia <jim.correia at pobox.com> writes:
>
> > Building on a case-sensitive file system (I created a disk image (which
> > is like a soft partition) for this purpose) shows that the test passes
> > on X as well.
> >
> > If having the test work correctly on a stock OS X box is important I can
> > take a crack at modifying the test to work on a case insensitive
> > filesystem, or I'm  happy to test a patch from someone who speaks sh
> > more fluently than myself.
>
>If OS X uses case insensitive file systems by default, then it's broken.
>
>bogofilter relies on POSIX semantics.

Indeed, POSIX semantics for program function.  However the super-structure
doesn't need all the bells and whistles, or even a modern
environment.  Since the change needed for OS X is just a change in the test
framework, and there's ample precedent for changing the framework because
of portability issues, the needed changes were made.  So far as I know,
bogofilter now does as well on OS X as it does on Linux, *BSD, Solaris,
HP-UX, ...