Bogofilter 0.11.2 config questions

jerry jerry at screamer.mydoamin.org
Wed Jun 4 18:24:50 CEST 2003

Hello to the list
Let me begin by thanking all those involved with bogofilter, I've been using it
since version 0.8.0, and have found it to be very effective against spam.
I recently upgraded to 0.11.2 and am experiencing some problems.
Here's what I am currently running bogofilter on:

Gentoo Base System version 1.4.2.9 mostly stable packages,
however I do have some unstable packages installed
kernel version 2.4.19-gentoo-r9
i686 AMD Duron(tm) Processor AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux
fetchmail release 6.2.2+RPA+NTLM+SDPS+SSL+NLS
procmail v3.22 2001/09/10
Mutt 1.4.1i (2003-03-19)

And finally on to the problem.
Having just installed this version, I am training bogofilter from the start
on all emails by hand, no -u in the script, so I expect,at least until I have
several hundred emails processed thru, to recieve errors.
Here's the count so far:
bogoutil -w ~/.bogofilter .MSG_COUNT
                       spam   good
MSG_COUNT              106     71
All the spam messages thus far have been misidentified as false positive,
I think, they end up in my normal mailbox, not in the spam folder as spam.
Some of the spam messages contain the **SPAM** identification tag in the
subject line, others do not contain this tag. Here's the relevant
portion of .procmailrc:

#file the mail to spam-bogofilter if it's spam.
:0
The above was working in the prior version.

In addition to the above problem, the X-Bogosity line appears
in the message body area, at random places, sometimes just
after the first line of the message, other times after the reply.

Here's the relevant portion of my .bogofilter.cf:
stats_in_header=1
I've tried the default stats_in_header=Y and that results in the same
problem. /etc/bogofilter.cf has the default set as stats_in_header=Y

Any suggestion as to what I can tweak to fix this?

Thanks for the help
jerry