getopt-long [was: -t output]

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Thu Jul 31 03:03:14 CEST 2003

At 07:13 PM 7/30/03, Przemyslaw Brojewski wrote:

> > bogofilter --terse_format="%1.1c %f" --spamicity_tags="Yes,No,Unsure"
>
>If only it is possible to maintain list of config options and command
>line options in one place, then why not. I'd hate to have those
>things get out of sync.
>
>Przemyslaw Brojewski.

Over the years I've figured out several techniques for doing stuff like
that.  Typically I've defined some macros that give me different ways of
expanding a master list.  One way would make getopt_long() happy and the
other would make the config file processor happy.  It _can_ be done.  It
may be possible for the config file code (which is bogofilter's) to use the
same list as getopt_long(), but we can worry about that later.