RFC-2047

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Wed Jul 23 03:13:22 CEST 2003

Boris 'pi' Piwinger <3.14 at logic.univie.ac.at> writes:

> But I don't see why the same word should show up several
> times because of different codings.

- Spam in different character sets, including falsely declared
  ones. German-language spam comes undeclared, as ASCII, ISO-8859-1,
  -15, Windows-1252. The same character sets are available for English,
  Spanish and French.

> Furher, we already discussed, that we cannot even tell what is
> whitespace or punctuation if we don't understand the charset.

True, but without such a developer or at least tester feedback, this
isn't going to change. I'm not adding code that I cannot test and that I
cannot have tested by somebody.