Finding own misclassifications

Boris 'pi' Piwinger 3.14 at logic.univie.ac.at
Mon Jul 21 21:11:18 CEST 2003

Hi!

I modified bogominitrain.pl so that it can save the messages
used for training. The idea was that mails I had classified
as ham or spam in error will likely be used for training.
And actually from about 200 messages each used in one run I
found about four errors. From those I found other messages.
For example several mails from Network Solutions were
classified as spam (not only from their promotional mailing
list). Overlooked false positives. Also there were errors
from my first collection including spam to (whitelisted)
mailing lists I missed to delete.

So bogofilter can with some trick be used to find those
errors. I believe those errors have some high price.

pi