Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Mon Jul 21 03:54:58 CEST 2003

David Relson <relson at osagesoftware.com> writes:

> Apparently some mailers generate invalid Content-Type headers.
> Specifically, "Content-Type: text" has been seen.  It's invalid because
> the spec (rfc2045) requires 'type "/" subtype.  (See below for a quote
> from rfc2045).
>
> Currently bogofilter requires the slash and will skip a mime part whose
> content lacks the slash.  It has been suggested that bogofilter be
> changed to accept messages with non-conformant lines.
>
> The question is:  Should bogofilter continue to require the slash, or
> not?

No slash -> spamicity := 1.

<ducks & runs for cover>

Seriously, we should accept text and treat it as text/plain. Any other
types that we guess shall be application/octet-stream.

>     Note also that a subtype specification is MANDATORY -- it may not be
>     omitted from a Content-Type header field.  As such, there are no
>     default subtypes.

Grounds enough to reject such junk. If paper could flash, this word
would flash & make loud noises (so-called disco mode).

Postfix header_checks (regexp and pcre compatible):