[bogofilter-announce] bogofilter-0.13.7.3 - new current release

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Thu Jul 17 14:39:53 CEST 2003

At 04:52 AM 7/17/03, Boris 'pi' Piwinger wrote:
>David Relson wrote:
>
> > 0.13.7.3 2003-07-16
>
> > * Checks for "Subject:" are now case insensitive.
>
>So it would be a good idea to rebuild the database, right?

Bogofilter now recognizes "SUBJECT:" and "subject:".  I don't know which
mailers do this, but a Pavel evidently encountered one and modified the
code to handle those mailers.

> > * Adds "Subject:" header if needed for including
> >    spam_subject_tag.
>
>What does that mean?
>
>pi

There's a "spam_subject_tag" that allows adding a tag to the header.  For
example "spam_subject_tag=***SPAM***" adds "***SPAM***" at the beginning of
the Subject line of a spam message.  If a spam message didn't have a
subject line, bogofilter used to skip "add" step described.  Now it adds a
"Subject: ***SPAM***" line.