Data base "maintenance" (removing tokens) and MSG_COUNT?

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Tue Jul 15 17:57:16 CEST 2003

At 11:43 AM 7/15/03, Seth de l'Isle wrote:
>MSG_COUNT is also decremented when messages are removed
>via bogoutil's maintenance facilities, for example:
>
>     szoth at bierkase:~$ echo perhaps more importantly | bogofilter -s -d /tmp
>     szoth at bierkase:~$ bogoutil -w /tmp .MSG_COUNT
>                            spam   good
>     .MSG_COUNT                1      0
>     szoth at bierkase:~$ bogoutil -c 1 -m /tmp/spamlist.db
>     szoth at bierkase:~$ bogoutil -w /tmp .MSG_COUNT
>                            spam   good
>     .MSG_COUNT                0      0

Hi Seth,

After sending my response, I did some more thinking about maintenance and
.MSG_COUNT...

Maintenance can (and will) remove individual tokens.  Doing this shouldn't
(I think) change .MSG_COUNT.

Your example shows .MSG_COUNT being deleted because it has a low count.  As
it's a special token, it should _never_ be deleted.  I'll fix the flaw in
bogoutil and the corrected code will be in the next release.