Performance of Bogofilter, etc.

Jesse Trucks jesse at cyberius.net
Fri Jul 4 10:26:21 CEST 2003

I started with about 500 spam messages I saved from my own spam, then
ran my ~33,000 saved ham messages (all my own mail going back a few
years) and the tiny bit of spam. The obvious result was a lot of false
negatives, but after 4 months, I have over 14,000 of my own spam saved.
I only get about 5 or 6 false negatives (spam in my inbox) on an average
day now, but bogofilter catches close to 100 real spam. I havent seen a
false positive in over two months, either. I get ~200 ham a day, and
though I haven't run the exact numbers, its the best solution I can
find.