base64 message hanging version 0.13.7

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Wed Jul 2 14:19:26 CEST 2003

At 05:04 AM 7/2/03, Matthias Andree wrote:
>elijah <elijah at riseup.net> writes:
>
> > I have a couple base64 encoded spams which hang bogofilter 0.13.7 (really
> > just two copies of the same spam).
> >
> > Anyway, I don't know what I should do:
> >
> > 1) who should we contact for little bug reports like this?
> >
> > 2) is there any contact address which we could use which doesn't get
> > filtered by bogofilter?
> >
> > 3) or will sending a message like this not cause a problem? if i send it
> > as an attachment, is that ok?
>
>You can file it as bug report on source forge's bug tracker and attach
>the file there, see
>
>http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=62265&atid=499997
>
>This should avoid bogofilter in the bug reporting path.

Elijah,

A safe way to handle such a message is to gzip it and send it as an
attachment.  That obscures the content sufficiently that bogofilter won't
even try to process it.

If you post it on SourceForge, then someone (me) has to go to SourceForge
and download it.  Using the bogofilter list (or the bogofilter-dev list) or
simply sending it direct to me is much easier.