Compilation problem with bogofilter-0.10.1.3 - tests still fail.

Nick Simicich njs at scifi.squawk.com
Fri Jan 31 20:13:53 CET 2003

At 11:53 AM 2003-01-31 +0100, Matthias Andree wrote:

>On Thu, 30 Jan 2003, Nick Simicich wrote:
>
> > Fails to compile:
> >
> > In file included from globals.c:13:
> > system.h:73: parse error before `uint32_t'
> > system.h:73: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
> > Makes the compilation work.  Something wrong with the way you arrived at
> > that, I think.
>
>The problem is we didn't include sys/types.h before using u_int32_t,
>that cannot work.
>
>Please try this patch on the pristine tarball, it should help your
>system compile without manual intervention.

The patch now works.  I re-extracted system.h, applied the patch, did a
make, things are making fine now.

>If the tests still fail with the patch below, then please run the failed
>tests manually like this:

I have no reason to believe that they will work, since the actual generated
code will almost certainly be the same (4 unsigned bytes == uint32_t).

>: >typescript
>script
>cd tests/bogofilter
>./t.lexer.mbx -v
>./t.robx -v
>exit
>
>If you don't have "script", use some other means to redirect the output
>of the two tests.
>
>Then tar/gzip the resulting output directory and the typescript file and
>tell us where we can pull it (FTP, HTTP) or send it to me and David
>privately.

The entire directory is available as individual files as:

http://majordomo.squawk.com/njs/bogofilter.cvs/

The typescript is:

http://majordomo.squawk.com/njs/bogofilter.cvs/typescript

I did a make check,
the two commands you asked for,
and the same commands with sh -v

http://majordomo.squawk.com/njs/bogofilter.cvs/bogofilter.whoops.tgz

is the whole tarball.

--
SPAM: Trademark for spiced, chopped ham manufactured by Hormel.
spam: Unsolicited, Bulk E-mail, where e-mail can be interpreted generally