Pure image based spam in the wild

Jonathan Buzzard jonathan at buzzard.org.uk
Fri Jan 31 09:29:13 CET 2003

Hum are the spammers reading this list? Yesterday I got a pure single inline
image based spam, with a minimal html wrapper, and the subject line "Enchanted
Holiday" My mailer exmh of course did not display it as intended so I have only
just had the time to save the image to disk and view it.

Bogofilter failed totally to pick it up, not that it had very much to
go on of course, and for the record it was only 60KB in size.

It looks like the spammers have rolled out the ultimate spam tactic
earlier than I would have expected.

JAB.

Jonathan A. Buzzard                 Email: jonathan at buzzard.org.uk
Northumberland, United Kingdom.       Tel: +44(0)1661-832195