Just saw a new spam tactic

Greg Louis glouis at dynamicro.on.ca
Thu Jan 30 16:48:48 CET 2003

On 20030130 (Thu) at 0558:38 -0800, Zack Brown wrote:
> Has anyone done any benchmarks comparing the anti-HTML version of
> bogofilter with earlier versions? One of bogofilter's strengths is its
> small impact on the overall system.

Getting there.  I'm trying to get a handle on benefit first; as I write
this, a good-sized comparison of 0.8.0 with 0.10.1.2 is running.  I
already know that my spamlist.db exploded from 330,000 to over half a
million tokens when I rebuilt it with 0.10.1, and as a result both
classifications and registrations of spam are taking far longer than
before.  Unless I see a significant benefit (preliminary results were
disappointing with a small test set but with a big one it looks
better), I'll just stick to the older version; if such a benefit does
exist, it becomes worthwhile to quantify the cost and try to minimize
it.

--
| G r e g  L o u i s          | gpg public key:      |
|   http://www.bgl.nu/~glouis |   finger greg at bgl.nu |