Just saw a new spam tactic

Chris Wilkes cwilkes-bf at ladro.com
Thu Jan 30 09:08:11 CET 2003

On Wed, Jan 29, 2003 at 11:40:28PM -0800, Max Rible wrote:
> I just got a piece of spam that's full of bogus HTML tags-- lots
> of </k> tags inserted in the middle of words.  The tags will be
> ignored by most HTML renderers, but will break up the text for
> spam parsing.

Could you post what version of bogofilter you're using?  The latest one
does include code to through out HTML comments like this:
  to<!-- -->ner cart<!-- -->ridge
and give you what you would see in a browser, mainly:
  toner cartridge

I'm not sure about bogus HTML tags though.  It would be nice to get some
sort of number representing how poorly writen an HTML page is.

Chris