bi/tri states with -u (was Re: religion)

Barry Gould BarryGould at PennySaverUSA.net
Wed Jan 22 23:57:41 CET 2003

>At 08:09 AM 1/22/2003, Matt Armstrong wrote:
>
>I went on using -u with Robinson-Fischer without realizing that it
>wasn't training on unsures.  I think -u is much less useful with an
>'unsure' state.
>
>To rectify this, I think either:
>
>     (a) There should be an option to turn Robinson-Fisher into a
>         binary algorithm (i.e. treat 'unsure' as 'good').  Call it the
>         "benefit of the doubt" option.
>
>     (b) -u should update the 'good' list with 'unsures'

You can use robinson-fisher in binary mode,

OR, if you want to see the Unsures in your MUA, AND you want to train in
binary:

it's simple to do this in procmail if you also use -p

Right now, I do this:

#noupdate
:0fw
| bogofilter -e -p

# if bogofilter failed, return the mail to the queue, ...
:0e
{ EXITCODE=75 HOST }

#update spam db iff it was spam
:0c
| bogofilter -s

one could add an ELSE bogofilter -n (whatever procmails ELSE syntax is)

Barry