religion

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Wed Jan 22 16:09:13 CET 2003

Greg Louis <glouis at dynamicro.on.ca> writes:

> No, but I don't grok your reasoning here.  Using -u does nothing to
> help with unsures; -u trains on recognized spams and nonspams only,
> which I believe has little training value.

The idea behind that AFAIR was: if we know for sure what kind of mail it
is, we may have some tokens pretty indicative and some tokens that are
not strong about if it's ham or spam more likely -- but we might want to
register those unsure tokens nonetheless.

I haven't done any research if "just train on unsures and
misclassifications" or "train on every mail" is more effective.