bogofilter's default algorithm

Barry Gould BarryGould at PennySaverUSA.net
Tue Jan 21 03:11:27 CET 2003

At 04:50 PM 1/20/2003, David Relson wrote:
>At 07:21 PM 1/20/03, Barry Gould wrote:
>>4. are the default cutoffs, ROBS, ROBX, etc set appropriately if I build
>>with Robinson-Fisher set as the default? i.e. can just compile and start
>>using it, or do I need to figure out what values to use?
>
>AL_DEFAULT is #defined in config.c, with the default presently set to
>AL_ROBINSON.  File bogofilter.cf.example shows a variety of arrangements
>for using robinson-fisher (or the other algorithms).  My settings are
>pretty much the last 4 lines of the file (with '#' removed, of course).  I
>also use the "*_format" options that start about 20 lines before the end
>of the file.

David, I'd appreciate if you could share your format options.
The algorithm option only seems to show "fisher" when using RF.

Also, even though I compiled it to use RF, I had to uncomment both
algorithm=robinson
&
algorithm=fisher

to get the Tri-State mode working. This seems a bit confusing, as was the
configure option (the one you gave me worked, I guess, but I still had to
set both in the config file apparently).

I'm now using:

algorithm=robinson
algorithm=fisher
ham_cutoff = 0.10
spam_cutoff = 0.95
spamicity_tags = Yes, No, Unsure
spamicity_formats =  %0.6f, %0.6f, %0.6f

This seems to work fine.

Thanks,
Barry