killing html comments

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Mon Jan 20 01:40:19 CET 2003

Greetings,

I've just committed the initial code release for killing html comments to cvs.

Thanks to all who responded to my earlier query for assistance.  The
problem turned out to be that, upon getting a line (for continuation
purposes) I was adding the character count to the wrong variable.  Because
of this yylex() didn't know about the additional characters, so tokens were
getting "lost".  It's working properly now AFAIK.  Code for scoring html
comments as tokens is not implemented.  That's an experiment that can wait
for another day, as can reviewing the current code and tidying it up.