Carbon Copies (CC's)

Paul Tomblin ptomblin at xcski.com
Sat Jan 18 14:38:43 CET 2003

Quoting Clint Adams (schizo at debian.org):
> > Hoping y'all don't mind, but I've got a small request.  Most of the
> > bogofilter mail I receive arrives in duplicate - one copy via the list and
> > one direct to me.  Consequently for most every message I read, I trash a
> > duplicate.
>
> If you can configure your MUA to set a Mail-Follow-Up to header, many
> MUAs will respect that.

Now *this* is why I think the guy who wrote "Reply-To Munging Considered
Harmful" is full of it.  If replies aren't set to go back to the list,
people just hit "group reply", and sends a message to the author, cc'ed to
the list and an ever growing list of other people on the cc list from
previous group replies.  But when it came to a vote on this list, I was
shouted down, so learn to live with duplicate messages, or screen them out
with procmail and formail.

:0 Whc: msgid.lock
| formail -D 8192 msgid.cache

:0 a:
/dev/null

--
Paul Tomblin <ptomblin at xcski.com>, not speaking for anybody
 SCSI is *NOT* magic. There are *fundamental technical reasons* why it is