How to avoid s p lit up wor ds?

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Sat Jan 18 13:53:46 CET 2003

Barry Gould <BarryGould at PennySaverUSA.net> writes:

> Other alternatives that come to mind would include making the HTML
> comment tag <!-- --> get highly penalized, as it would only show up
> infrequently except in spam.

I'd be chary about penalizing comments.

1. this is a matter of SpamAssassin, not of bogofilter

2. the comments might be used by an MUA author to advertise or leave
debug information.

3. I have virtually never seen compact HTML from the usual suspects
(Windows MUAs sending HTML), it's highly wasteful, and I'd rather let
the decision "do not accept html" to the user.