Not using /etc/bogofilter.cf?

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Fri Jan 17 22:18:58 CET 2003

At 04:08 PM 1/17/03, Doug Mandell wrote:

> >Run command "bogofilter -x c -v
> >DEBUG_CONFIG and the "-v" puts it at verbosity level.  I just ran this
> >with bogofilter-0.9.1.2 and got:
> >
> >Debug: cannot open /etc/bogofilter.cf: No such file or directory
> >Debug: cannot open /home/relson/.bbogofilter.cf: No such file or
> >directory stats_prefix: ' '
> >Let me know what you get.
> >
> >David
>
>Here are the results:
>
>Reading /etc/bogofilter.cf
>algorithm -> 'f'
>spam_header_name -> 'X-Bogosity'
>min_dev -> 0.100000
>robs -> 0.001000
>robx -> 0.415000
>stats_in_header -> No
>robx -> 0.000000
>robx -> 0.000000
>thresh_stats -> 0.000000
>thresh_rtable -> 0.000000
>user_config_file -> '~/.bogofilter.cf'
>Debug: cannot open /root/.bogofilter.cf: No such file or directory
>stats_prefix: '#   '
>
>So it seems like it's using the right file, which makes me wonder why it's
>still putting the stats in the header?

Doug,

Makes me wonder, as well.  I've been using "stats_in_header=no" very
successfully.  Bogofilter outputs the message header, the blank line (to
end the header), then the stats, then the message body.

Can you zip an instance of the incorrect output and send it?

In the meantime, I'll take a look at the code.