TODO for 1.0

Chris Wilkes cwilkes-bf at ladro.com
Mon Jan 13 20:35:15 CET 2003

On Sun, Jan 12, 2003 at 05:27:19PM -0500, David Relson wrote:

> So, please use Greg's message (below) as the starting point for a dialog on
> what's needed for 1.0.  Other ideas are welcomed.  Of greatest value would
> be people to take on some of the work.  Several items relate to
> documentation and I wonder if there are any writers out there?

Being new to C coding (I'm a perl guy) I tried my hand at adding in MD5
functionality into BF and got it pretty much working.  Right now I only
take the body of the message and calculate the MD5 hash of it.

I see the use in an MD5 of the body as being useful as then you can keep
an accurate track of if an email has already been seen and when it was
categorized.  I only use the body as if you bounce the mail back to the
server for a check the headers should be ignored.

You could move away from the -S and -N switches which un-registered a
message as one type and re-registered it as another and fold that into
-u, which automatically registers spam in the right database as you'll
know if you've seen the mail before.

Let me know if this is any use to the project and I'll try and finalize
it a bit more.

Chris