Modularity

Adriano Nagelschmidt Rodrigues anr at estadao.com.br
Mon Jan 13 13:41:12 CET 2003

David Relson writes:
> Yes, you are right.  Modularity and brevity _are_ the UNIX way.

Yes, and it is no coincidence that UNIX won. Of course, you could chose the
Redmond way, but let me remind you of HAL's immortal words:

"Dave, stop. Stop, will you?"

> We should probably rename the program with something less verbose and more
> cryptic.  Perhaps "bft" for "bogotrain", "bfc" instead of "bogoclassify",
> etc.

I don't think there's really evidence against the benefits of functionality
separation & a clean design.

Right now, bogofilter has switches that don't mean anything when used together
and one switch that can have different semantical values. Again, it is no
coincidence.

IMHO, those are warnings that all is not well.

Regards,

--
Adriano