Modularity

Adriano Nagelschmidt Rodrigues anr at estadao.com.br
Mon Jan 13 02:26:01 CET 2003

Hi,

I was reading the bogofilter man page, and it just crossed my mind that a
single executable is doing too many things. I wonder if splitting basic
functionality into different binaries wouldn't be a good thing.

Motivation: when you use one of the [nNsS] switches, there's no sense in
using an algorithm selection switch (eg -f). Right?

So, to avoid complexity building up, there could be something like this:

bogoclass [-s] [-S] [-n] [-N]
bogotest  [-g] [-r] [-f] [-l]
bogolearn # a wrapper that does (bogotest ? bogoclass -s : bogoclass -n)

Regards,

--
Adriano