procmail question

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Fri Jan 10 14:14:27 CET 2003

David Relson <relson at osagesoftware.com> writes:

> Thanks for the suggestions.  Since they make my procmailrc cleaner
> (hence better), they're worth trying.  However, there's still the
> unresolved issue of messages without bogofilter's header lines and the
> related question of the procmail messages in syslog.

I have yet to see a mail "without bogofilter's header lines" with
maildrop, but then again, the :0e rule should catch that. Only that I
don't know if there are other ways around. Procmail does a LOT of arcane
magic that one doesn't want in reliable mail systems.

I do recommend maildrop because a) its .mailfilter is much more
readable, b) it's much more reliablem, even in spite of c) it's slower
(factor 2 or 3 maybe).