source file organization

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Fri Jan 3 20:52:32 CET 2003

At 02:39 PM 1/3/03, tallison at tacocat.net wrote:

... [snip] ...

>could we hobble along with this until we are stable enough to call
>something a 1.0 release and then just modify release 1.0 as a new CVS
>branch (bogofilter1)?

Tom,

There are a number of significant changes currently in cvs.  Database
maintenance and mime processing are the two that come to mind
quickest.  Their release calls for a version number increase.

Are you suggesting that 1.0 and the source file re-organization happen at
the same time?

Likely there'd be a beta called 0.9.9, followed by 0.9.9.1, etc.  The beta
would include the re-organization(s).  When things stabilize, 0.9.9.x would
be promoted to 1.0.0 (stable).