Some naive questions

Adriano Nagelschmidt Rodrigues anr at estadao.com.br
Fri Jan 3 17:06:21 CET 2003

Hello,

I've recently started using bogofilter (version 0.9.1.2). So far, It only
recognizes a tiny percentage of the spam I receive (I guess 20% at most).

I'm running it from procmail as in:

:0HB:
* ? bogofilter -l -u
spam

and correcting the misclassifications manually via mutt macros.

Some data:

[chianti:~] $ bogoutil -w .bogofilter/ .MSG_COUNT
                       spam   good
.MSG_COUNT             4539    795

Although I admit I haven't done much research, I would appreciate if someone
could comment on the stupid things I have done/thought:

* I fed bogofilter 7.1 MB worth of spam from spamarchive.org in a desperate
  attempt to make it learn.

* I sometimes wonder about what the '-u' switch really buys you.

* I never tried the '-f' switch.

* I could feed it more ham.

Thanks a lot,

--