Backport of bogofilter version 0.10.3 to Debian/woody

Kevin Coyner kevin at rustybear.com
Wed Feb 26 13:12:07 CET 2003

On Tue, Feb 25, 2003 at 06:42:51PM -0500, Matej Cepl wrote......

> Kevin Coyner wrote:
> > Please excuse the simple question, but I'm new to bogofilter and even
> > more new to the concept of a backport.
> >
> > I'm running Debian testing with bogofilter 0.7.5.1.  I noticed v_0.10 is
> > available in unstable, but that it needs libc6 v_2.3.1, which is not in
> > testing.  Does this backport essentially mean that I can use bogofilter
> > 0.10.3-2 with my older version of libc6 that's in testing?
>
> That's the point. If it doesn't work, let me know.

Not sure if it's me, but here's the error messages I got when I tried

dpkg -i bogofilter_0.10.3-2_i386.deb

sakura:root:/home/kevin/tmp# dpkg -i bogofilter_0.10.3-2_i386.deb
tar: This does not look like a tar archive
tar: Skipping to next header
dpkg-deb: subprocess tar returned error exit status 2
dpkg: error processing bogofilter_0.10.3-2_i386.deb (--install):
 subprocess dpkg-deb --control returned error exit status 2
 bogofilter_0.10.3-2_i386.deb

Kevin

--
Kevin Coyner