Compiling in Red hat 6.2

Paulo Jan admin at digital.ddnet.es
Wed Feb 19 18:28:20 CET 2003

>>	I have checked, and apparently the /usr/lib/libdb.so link belongs to
>>the glibc-devel package. Does anybody knows if messing with it (pointing
>>it to the other library) can cause any harm? How can I check if there
>>are any existing programs that depend on it? All of this is in a Red Hat
>>Linux 6.2, as I said.
>

> This is db2 (which on RHL 6.2 belongs to the glibc and glibc-devel rpms).
> Rpm v3 uses this to make the rpm database and I would *seriously* recommend
> you not mess with it.

	Thanks, that's what I needed to know. (Though I already upgraded to RPM
v4 and db3 (and nuked my RPM database in the process, but that's another
subject...)).
	I made the symlink that you mentioned:

	ln -s /usr/lib/libdb-3.1.so /usr/lib/libdb3.so

	And now the configure script detects it correctly, but when creating
the config.status file, it says now:

configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating tests/Makefile
config.status: creating tests/bogoutil/Makefile
config.status: creating tests/bogofilter/Makefile
config.status: creating bogofilter.spec
config.status: creating dcdflib/Makefile
config.status: creating dcdflib/src/Makefile
config.status: creating contrib/Makefile
config.status: creating doc/Makefile
config.status: creating config.h
+ --with-db=/usr
/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.12139: --with-db=/usr: No such file or directory
error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.12139 (%prep)

	As I mentioned above, I had to add by hand a "--with-db=/usr" to the
configure script to make it detect the Berkeley DB. Any ideas?

					Paulo Jan.
					DDnet.