[OT] Re: return level?

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Tue Feb 18 17:37:12 CET 2003

At 11:23 AM 2/18/03, you wrote:
>David Relson wrote:
> > So far, actual details of how he's running bogofilter are lacking...
>
>My python script is attached (be aware, that there are
>substantial changes -- new config rile -- which are not tested
>much yet). On line 488 it prints 256.
>
>Matej

Matej,

I haven't used python much, so don't know what it does with return codes
(if anything).

Here's an idea...  Do the following to create three shell scripts, run
them, and show their return codes.

echo exit 0 > zero
echo exit 1 > one
echo exit 2 > two
chmod +x zero one two
./zero ; echo $?
./one  ; echo $?
./two  ; echo $?

Then run the scripts from your python program and see what it prints.

Also, run bogofilter from the command line and use "echo $?" to see what
it's really returning.